Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Tribute to Michael Jackson: The King

What does Golf have to do with Michael Jackson? For me, a lot! Ask any golfer if Michael Jackson has played a role in their lives, and I'm sure they'll have a story. The sudden death of a King has hit me harder than I'd imagined, he was never supposed to die, not like that. Not without a strong finish...

Sitting in my basement at 3 years old, watching "The making of Thriller" on VHS... over and over. Hugging my knees on the couch, my hands covering my eyes, I'd peek through my fingers to watch. Terrified, I'd run to my parents room in tears, but I couldn't take my eyes off of him, he was mezmorizing, he was Michael Jackson! AND - I was back again the next night for more...

Every album is on my ipod. Every song has a memory and a meaning - a feeling. Over the years, I've practiced multiple hours on the range and ran hundreds of miles with Michael. His music "moves" me... literally. "Jam" on the Dangerous album made me work harder and "Man in the Mirror" made me a better person. Life without Michael would be different in a way that drive and inspiration would be missing.

MJ is my Tiger Woods of music... Exciting, inspiring, mesmerizing, motivating, electric and talent-filled. I can't believe he is gone:(



Dear Michael,
You were a true gentleman with a soft heart. After all the negative things said, you will remain and leave our world, a kind soul and a legend. I will continue to watch your videos and hopefully one day share them with my children. I will listen to your music when I practice, travel, work, run, play and stay motivated. Despite the good, the bad and the ugly; Yesterday, today and forever, you are a hero and inspiration to me. I've never met you, but felt I knew you. I've never touched you, but you've moved me. I will love you forever .
Rest in peace. Xo.

My favorite song (if I had to pick one) is "Torture"... with a slide show to go with:) Enjoy...