Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Magic of McIlroy

A dream come true for a young man from Northern Ireland only 19 years old. The youngest player EVER to win on the European Tour with his victory at the Dubai Desert Classic. Currently at 16th in the World Rankings, look out world, it's Rory McIlroy! "I think I have to reassess my goals now," McIlroy said. "But I go into every week with the same mind-set. ... As long as I do that, I am happy.

Turning Pro on September 19, 2007, this young man took it deep at the British Open at Carnoustie where he was T-3 after a solid first round of 68... and finished up nicely placing T-42.

I think we have a lot to look forward to from this young man, he's just the energy and inspiration men's golf needs right now! Superb Golf and an Irish accent;) Sweet.

Image: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Kamran Jebreili